November’s Food of the Month:
APPLES & SQUASH
- Apples are loaded with pectin, a soluble fiber that is known to reduce cholesterol in the blood vessel walls. This will help to maintain cardiovascular health.
- Having an apple for breakfast reduces the chance of Type-2 diabetes by 29% as found in a recent study.
- Apples are enriched with anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, anti-proliferative qualities and flavonoids.
- Squash can help boost your immune system; Vitamin C is one of the strongest anti-oxidants
- The nutritional content of squash makes it beneficial for digestion, healthy skin and hair.
- Squash is a good source of fiber, potassium and other key nutrients.