Services at Sound Times
We believe that the best support is the result of natural relationships that flourish between peers. Joining a community of your peers helps you to learn ways to build supports for yourself. Our staff can advocate for your needs around mental health and justice, social connection, housing. We also have legal and medical services. and additional resources (Resource Centre). We have a Community Resource Centre.
Mental Health and Justice
We are here to serve your mental health and justice needs. We don't have a waiting list. You are eligible if you have a mental health or addiction issue and criminal justice involvement (pre-trial, release planning, court support).
- Community Supports
- The Toronto Mental Health and Justice Network
- Services and Supports
- Court and Custody-Based Mental Health Services
- Mental Health Court Support and Diversion Services Release from Custody Services
- Specialized Supports for Individuals with Dual Diagnosis
- Specialized Supports for Individuals with Concurrent Disorders
We are also funded to provide Court Support and Release from Custody service to individuals in pre-trial custody who may not fit the criteria to be released on their own recognizance, or have a surety for bail.
Legal Aid Project funded lawyer Amy Slotek provides provides legal supports to clients with complex mental health issues through a case management approach in the in the following areas: immigration and refugee services, criminal, family and limited civil/administrative law matters. The project additionally provides high quality legal services to street-involved legal aid clients who are facing ‘street offences’ by providing them with representation at the Provincial Offences Court at Old City Hall. Available Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Friday by appointment. Drop-in Monday, Wednesday from 2:00-4:00.
- General Practitioner Thursday 1:00-4:00
- Psychiatrist Wednesday Dropin for returning clients 9:30-12. First time visits 1:00-4:00 after membership
- Foot Clinic 2nd Thursday of each month from 10:00-12:00
- Hearing Clinic (ask for details)
Community Resource Centre and Advocacy
Join a community of your peers and learn ways to build supports for yourself from members who have done it. The centre is open from 9:00am to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday. A cold breakfast is available at 9:00am.
- Basic services and interventions – Finding resources for food, clothing, shelter, IDs etc. We are a naloxone distribution site.
- Advocacy – We can advocate around ODSP, OW and CPP, negotiating accommodations, rental disputes, etc.
- Access computers - work on your GED, prepare resumes, learn computer basics and more.
- Activities, music, television, jokes and more.
SMART Self Management and Recovery Training
SMART© (Self Management and Recovery Training) is a self-empowering addiction program based in the latest recovery research and powered by a world-wide mutual-help community. SMART Groups are held twice daily for those interested in participating (SMART is a best practice addiction recovery approach based in the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
WRAP® (Wellness Recovery Action Plan®)) is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well and make their life the way they want it to be.
Community Service Internship Project
The Community Service Internship Project provides individuals who have experienced mental health and/or addiction issues the opportunity for paid employment at Sound Times to acquire the skills, education and understanding necessary to seek employment with organizations affirming the value of lived experience for social service work.