You can text for help. You don’t need to talk to a stranger by phone. Move into the future with Distress Centres (Toronto #45645, ONTX #258258 Ontario) and Warmlines (647-557-5882). For folks who crave voices you can call the help numbers below too.
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto 416-408-HELP (4357)
- Text #45645
- Call 416-408-4357 Services are available in English,+ (Cantonese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu for limited hours (10am-10pm)). Callers’ issues include problems related to domestic violence, social isolation, suicide, addictions, mental and physical health concerns. The Distress Centre offers, as appropriate: emotional support, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, and linkage to emergency help when necessary.
- ONTX – Ontario Online and Text Crisis Services
- Text #258258 You can still chat with us from your computer or mobile device from 2pm to 2am daily by clicking the CHAT NOW link at top of www.dcontario.org/
- Text / Chat with Warm Line, Progress Place –
- Text: 647-557-5882 or
- Call: 416-960-WARM (9276), Monday to Sunday, 8 pm to 12 midnight
Call and websites:
- Gerstein Centre – 416-929-5200, 24 hrs/7 days
- Mobile Crisis Units and Services
Telecare (Mandarin & Cantonese) – 416-920-0497
- Toronto Withdrawal Management System Central Access (detox placement) – 1-866-366-9513, 24 hrs/7days
- Toronto Seniors helpline 416 -217-2077
- Senior Safety Line – 1-866-299-1011, 24 hrs/7 day
- Services for seniors in Toronto
- 211 Toronto – community service agencies – referrals – listing
211 service provides Information and Referral (I&R) for callers to community and social services, 24 hrs/7 days
- Good2Talk (Anonymous helpline for post-secondary students) – 1-866-925-5454, 24 hrs/7 days
- Kids Help Phone The Kids Help Phone rovides immediate support that young people need 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Counsellors answer calls and online questions from across Canada. No matter what the problem or concern, the counsellors will provide immediate and caring support, information and, if necessary, referral to a local community or social service agency.
- LGBT Youthline (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual & trans-gendered)
- PFLAG (Parents, families, friend and allies of Toronto’s LGBTQ community) 24-hour Telephone Support Line – 416-406-6378
- Assaulted Women’s Help Line
Services: (information and referrals to women in up to 154 languages) Callers do not have to give their names and the Help Line does not have call display.
- 24/7 Mental Health, Drug & Alcohol and Ontario Problem Gambling Helplines
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre
The Toronto Rape Crisis Centre has a 24 hour crisis phone line for survivors of rape and sexual assault. They will provide court support, accompaniment and advocacy. Face-to-face counselling is free and confidential. Lesbian support, abuse and relationship counselling available.
- Crisis Outreach Service for Seniors (COSS)
- Human Trafficking – hotline