The Police Record HUB has lots of free resources. You can get information for yourself. And you can get information to advocate for jobs and opportunities with employers and volunteer organizations. It was created by the John Howard Society.
The HUB will help you to stay up to date on police and criminal records information in Ontario. These free and evidence-based resources are helpful for individuals with records, employers, the volunteer sector, legal and HR professionals.
- Police Record Check Policy: This policy reflects JHSO’s philosophy and values, and to give applicants and partners a clear understanding of when Record Checks should be performed and by whom, and what they should be used for.
- How to Read a Criminal Record: This tool is meant to assist in the interpretation of police record check results.
- Record Check Assessment Tool: A two-step tool that organizations can use to help determine whether to perform a record check.
- Vulnerable Sector Assessment Tool: This tool is designed to help organizations identify positions for which they might want to request a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- On the Record: A link is also provided to our seminal information guides on creating inclusive and rights-respecting hiring policies