Are you interested in self-employment? Do you have a business idea? Get going. Get support to overcome the barriers you face(d) like credit, education, connections etc. Rise Asset Development is a training and funding organization. They have programs and loans are for folks who identify as having experienced mental health and or addiction challenges.
They will work with you if you have ideas, questions and need support for the application and beyond.
The Next Program starts in September 2019. There will probably be one in early 2020 as well.
Peer Supported StartUp Program
The Peer Supported StartUp Program provides educational, business advisory and mentorship support. It includes a FREE training program that supports the preparation of a business plan as well as the development of entrepreneurship skills and the confidence to launch and grow a business. While the business plan is being prepared, participants form groups of 2-6 people. Once the business plan is completed, participants meet on a monthly basis in their small groups for up to 6 months to support the launch and growth of each other’s businesses, with the added support of a business advisor and a mentor.
WHO is ELIGIBLE?
- This program is for individuals who have a business idea but do not have an action or business plan. Upon program completion, participants may obtain loans ranging up to $1,500 (higher amount may be available dependent on the business) to start or expand a business.
- Please read the entire application and complete every section to the best of your ability. If you have any questions, please send us a message If you would like to speak to someone on the phone, you can reach us at 1 855 464 RISE (7473). Toronto@riseassetdevelopment.ca
- • Have a practical idea to start or grow your own for-profit small business (any size, full or part time)
• Commit to attend all course and monthly meeting sessions and submit all assignments
• Self-identify as having experienced anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress, anorexia, addiction, autism, ADHD, or similar challenges
• Be unable to access traditional bank financing for your small business
• Not be in active bankruptcy, behind on child support payments or government taxes
• Reside in Ontario
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
• Business development: The training, business advisor and mentor support help participants research, define and launch their businesses and generate income.
• Networking & Mentoring: Participants network with like-minded individuals and build connections with each other, forming small groups for peer support. Each group is supported by a Rise business advisor and mentor with real world business experience. Your peers, advisor and mentor help you meet the challenges of running your own business.
• Financing: Participants gain access to low-interest startup business loans of up to $1500 through Rise.