TIDES Service User Educator
[Summary of job posting. Presented FYI—see email version for more details. We will have more discussion about (the challenges of) working inside CAMH in the next issue.
The Community and Continuing Education department at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health is recruiting Service User Educators to aid providing a service users’ perspective in the training of the course entitled, Trauma-Informed De-escalation Education for Safety and Self-Protection (TIDES). …This role includes facilitation, preparation and debriefing post-training. TIDES Service User Educators will take part in the delivery of training to an inter-professional team, leading discussions and facilitating simulation-based learning that reflect CAMH values and education best practices.
- Co-facilitate TIDES’ sessions, including small group discussions and simulation according to a mutually agreed upon schedule;
- Attend train the trainer sessions and team meetings, as required;
- Prepare for co-facilitation of TIDES sessions, including but not limited to, co-facilitator preparation meetings, and reviewing of TIDES course materials;
- Review feedback from TIDES’ sessions, including but not limited to, post-training debriefs and participate in quality improvement activities related to content/delivery;
- Lead the delivery of simulation experiences and effectively debrief simulations including use of simulation video capture and replay equipment;
- Liaise with Education Services on an ongoing basis for support, and to provide feedback and recommendations on content and delivery; and,
- Handle sensitive and confidential information regarding incidents and reports.
The successful candidate will have lived experience as a recipient of mental health and/or addictions services. It is preferred you have:
- interest and/or experience in facilitation, debriefing and encouraging reflective practice;
- knowledge of addiction, mental health, trauma-informed care, recovery principles, research, evaluation communication and de-escalation principles; and,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills including planning, time management and the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
If you are interested, please ensure to include a cover letter and a recent resume. Applications should be emailed to Katie Hodgson, Education Services (Katie.Hodgson@camh.ca) .
The Service User Educator role is a contractor role with CAMH Education. Service User Educators will sign an agreement letter and follow the CAMH procurement payment process of submitting invoices for payment
The positions will be located at 1001 Queen St. West, 250 Collegest and 33 Russell Street.
Salary Range: $30 per hour of work.
As an employment equity employer CAMH actively seeks Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, people with disabilities, (including people with who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges), and additional diverse identities for our workforce.
If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.